Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Songwriting and updates

It takes a very small spark of something for me to be gunning to do something. i dont do it for any other reason but to push my own limitations and make others wonder how i have the time to do it. So yeah, ive been listening to a lotta incubus lately. And i have to say that Brandon Boyd has some insane song writing skills. Thats the reason they have the privilage of being my favourite rock outfit. If you listen to any of incubus's songs they are all short stories put down into some medlodic tunes.
I mean how difficult is that? its just like telling someone something that happened and then singing it.

i have written some songs in the past and im sure uve heard it, and many of you have downloaded it but i still felt that it wasn’t serious music. just more ramblings about me getting dumped by women. Anyhow, so i decided to take a wack at serious music, and this is what i realized. You can come up with an awesome tune, and then you can come up with some wicked lyrics. Where you will get fucked is putting them together. Besides the fact that I am a mediocre singer, which I despise myself for somehow its extremely difficult to put words into music. And here is the trickier part. Trying not to make it sound like someone else…

still working on it. Once I do come up with something ill definitely post it…

Other arroclint news…

Ive got my Australian and New Zealand visa. Gonna be there in bout 3 weeks. Will be good to see another country.

Heath ledger seems to be cast as the new Joker in the upcoming sequel to batman begins. I like heath ledger but don’t see him as the joker. Lets see how that turns out.

Dead Phish seems to picking up a lotta fan fare locally. Friends over here cant seem to get over it. Gonna try and make a dedicated website for it. Gonna make some deadpish Tshits. Anyone wanna buy?

3 comments:

Blogger Mr. J said...

My my my.. creativity at it's peak.

Incubus reminds of 'Wish you were here' and dude, you are going to Australia and NZ like it was next door ;)

Hmm and yeh Deadpish. Make it a grey tee. Size L. How much does it cost btw?

And well, that spark of something sure is making you do something.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

Lord! Some things never change...

4:38 AM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

me: as soon as i get the t's ill send em to you. man aus and nz are 23 hours away from here. but with enough alchohol it should bring em closer on the aircraft.

conman: lol... yeah somethings arent meant to change.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home