Monday, July 03, 2006

Men & Kings...

Definition: Honour (or honor) comprises the reputation, self-perception or moral identity of an individual or of a group.

I was watching my one of my all time favourite animations the other day. Cowboy bebop. It’s a futuristic Japanese rendition of bounty hunters searching for fugitives. But like all Japanese animations the lead character will always get in to a fight scene for the honour. Even when he dies, he dies with honour.

Last night there was a small incident where in one of my friends got into a small bar altercation. And this is a good friend of mine so I jumped in and calm things down. Things got heated and then things got calm eventually. Stupid behaviour was at large but then again that’s what happens at bars. And it happens a lot around immature people. In this particular incident there was no wrong people. Just misunderstood people. But when u add the influence of alcohol, the story takes G force turns.

That was just the background setup. Heres what my post is about. Later on while driving home after everything had calmed down, there was this other passenger in the car who said this to me. I don’t remember the exact words but they went something like this. “ I don’t know where your loyalties lie but I would have never got myself involved in a situation like that”

Again I say that those wernt the exact words but that’s the context it was said in.

It was like a hammer to the head. My head in particular. I could feel my grey matter oozing outta my ears. Not because this person made sense in his/her morbid way, but cause at that point, I saw honour die…

Its justified that people don’t like getting involved in things that could get them into trouble. But heres my question. If ever you were in trouble, would u rather your friends just watch the fun or stand up besides you just for that honourable moral support.

People in this day and age in their individualistic lifestyles don’t seem the find the need to stand up for what’s right. If it doesn’t involve them, then they aren’t concerned. And I feel that it is this way of thinking that will lead all of us to certain damnation.

I know ive been judged bout this a few times before. And people wonder why I do it. They see no reason for me to be standing up for anyone.

But I don’t stand up for anybody; I stand up for whats right. Not everyone is born with that gift of dealing with situations. Well I can deal with tricky situations, and if I can help im gonna do it without hesitation. The rest of the world may not get involved as far as im concerned. but that’s what makes me who I am. I may get beat up, I may get into loads of trouble, but aleast ill do it with some honour, and that’s something that everyones let go of in this day and age.

Honour is what made men into kings and Respect will last a lifetime. We all gotta die someday, might as well die honorably.

5 comments:

Blogger AJ said...

Its not easy standing for whats right. And sometimes we put ourselves at risk. But I get ya, honour is respectable.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa! honestly i have no answer... :-S

p.s. i want new dead phish!!! I WANT!

1:34 PM  
Blogger dobereinerr said...

Hail King Arro!

Stand up, ye all, n hail the bro!!!

But seriously dude, I think wat U sayin here makes lodsa senses.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

I think the guy who made that remark must've been drunk or must be a loser.

Seriously, A) You gotta stand up for what's right. B) You gotta stand up for friends, especially at the bars.

And talking about Bounty hunters, you gotta watch Domino ;)

3:57 PM  
Blogger alice said...

like u i wd like to stand up for whats right...but i wd stand up for my friends and then teach them the rights and wrongs...and i wd want them to do the same for me...
it's complicated...
and Hi..!!!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home