Sunday, January 08, 2006

Conversations with the ceiling 006

There’s something about meeting stupid women that makes life worth living. This is not a malicious post in any angle but was just having a conversation with my ceiling about the stereotypical “I like to dance” women.

I am quite a social junkie. Well at least is used to be one. Now, not that much. Ever so often im hanging in a club and I meet the odd acquaintance or friend. And more than often I get introduced to women who accompany my acquaintances/friends. Not girlfriends, just other social junkies like me.

The conversation begins quite humbly. Like so what do u do? I used to get answers like studying or working, etc… most of the women ive met get quite defensive at this point. Fair enough… I would be too if I saw me at a bar.

So anyways. I would put in a few charming one liners and break the ice. Then I see the smiles getting wider and the conversations getting out of mono syllables into full sentences. So at this point im sayin to myself… heck im sensing some intelligence. That’s a good thing. Good conversation at a bar always sounds profound and memorable. The building blocks of good friendships…

Then I as this question… and I do it on purpose…

“So what do u like to do?”

when I ask a question like this I mean what is it that you are interested in? what your hobbies etc, which is actually a trick question. cause it could be a lotsa things…

and sometimes I get this answer…

“I like to dance…”

That line is the deal clincher. Cause soon after this line has been spoken there will be a few sentences that follow which will be equally as stupid and then eventually one will hear a loud scream followed by the words… “I love this song, im goin the dance!” and the chick will soon scamper without any acknowledgement, grabbing one of her friends by her arms…

I have no problem that women like to dance. That’s cool…

But more likely than not I will see that very same women doing the janta(commercial) steps with her friends in a circle… and occasionally giving the dirty looks to the guy who accidentally nudges them from the back… and then also give you the smiles from the dance floor.

Women: THIS SORT OF BEHVIOUR IS JUST SAD…

If you do pass this statement like: “I like to dance”, you better be doing the following dance steps:

1. the break-dance
2. the moonwalk
3. a striptease(100 points for this)
4. or a well choreographed dance step which include 3 more of your goodlooking friends. (ugly women calls for immediate disqualification)

To the women who visit my blog: I am not generalizing, im sure all of you are great dancers. Don’t send me hate mail…

15 comments:

Blogger Once the Conman said...

lolies...
Dude I can so relate to the "I love this SOOOONG. I'm going to Dance..." and she won't even bother asking you if you'd like to dance (unless in very rare cases), she'll just take a girlfriend to dance.
AND THAT is soooo sad... yes... unless of course she is waayyy tooo hot. For that one hot chick... everything's forgiven.

6:21 PM  
Blogger alice said...

lol.....:)

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me liked the post..and ya i think its really sad if a gud lookin guy comes up to u in a bar,talks and then wen a great dance number is being played never asks u to dance...but i always ask the dude to dance..IF he's gud lookin and Can dance...wudn't want to look stupid on the dance floor,now wud i?? :-)

8:39 PM  
Blogger KM said...

lol...
oh ive so done the
*shriek*
"i love this song/dance" bit...but usually to get myself out of bad conversations.lol.and thank god ive never answered that question with "i like to dance".
ur so bad!
im still cracking up!

MEN!!!!

1:15 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

I ask the "what do you like to do?" question all the time but only the smart ones come up with good answers. It is really too broad for most people to answer. Either that or are just too high to reply.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Interesting conversation. ;)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

conman: most of the time its been the good lookin women...

anon: glad you agree with me: who are u anyways?

khizzy: AUUUURRRGGGG!!! your one of them!!!! please remember this post the next time you do this...

aj: intellegence can be measured with that question, i feel...

me: dont tell me u havent been the victim to "i like to dance"

11:30 AM  
Blogger burf said...

u shld be the president of prove-females-are-dumb society :D

:p
:D

11:49 AM  
Blogger KM said...

lol...I AM NOT ONE OF THEM!
...cant a girl get excited about a good song.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

burf: na man... id settle for prime minister.

khizzy: ok ok khizzy.. your not one of them.. so... "what do YOU like to do"?

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ve got to agree with khizzy(wats with the name, girl?) If the conversations sad then u got to get away any which way possible.

For future reference frame questions according to the answer u 'want' to hear clint.

To answer the 'huh?' about my recent post, it's just part of the random weirdness theme.

5:39 PM  
Blogger aditi said...

firstly.. thank u for the certificate of honor!! :):):)

lol... ok.. ur post makes a lot of sense.. but if u in a club... and u ask a question like... "what are ur hobbies" ( apologies, but its a damm annoyin qn sometimes..) to a woman enjoyin her music.. the most obvious answer will be " i like to dance" .. na?

u know this new yr..i went to a frds party and this guy (dammm borin.. i avoided him like no one's business) asks... "so what brings u here?" like duh...!! but atleast he dint discuss his pay package with me, like he did, with my friend... MEN!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

angel: im not generalising. just like you guys meet men that a boring. i sometimes meet women that are down right stupid...

aditi: hey your welcome... men who talk about how much they earn shows less self esteem and insecurity. they feel the need to prove their manhood monetarily. these kinda guys deserve to be bitchslapped... a little harsh i know but men should behave like men!!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Mr. J said...

Lol..been there, done that.. ;)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Hehe... that was funny :D

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home