Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A world without windows...

As philosophical as that title sounds it more literal than you think. Yesterday I had a bit of a fuckup. And mind you it’s the 3rd fuckup I’ve encountered since.

Since when you ask?

Since I bought myself a computer with the windows operating system (OS).

For long now I’ve been a mac user. Mostly cause my work requires me to use only Macs. Besides the fact that it’s a cool thing to use Macs, its just that they are more reliable and considerably faster than PCs. Don’t get me wrong, growing up I didn’t always have a Mac but those were the days when Windows 95 and 98 were around, the times of fewer crashes and lesser updates.

I had bought myself a Mac powerbook G4 4 years ago. It was real expensive and quite delicate to handle. But u know what. That laptop with its few cosmetic issues still functions the same as when I bought it. Of course the new application requirements do make the comp a little slower but not once did it bloody crash on me. And if it was gonna do something anything close to a unwanted restart it would bloody warn me. Very unlike its counterpart, the pc, who feels that hes the boss and controls you.

There’s something about the windows problems that makes me wanna shove pins in my eyes. There’s this sense of insecurity of crashes and viruses you can begin to image. I don’t encounter half of those problems on a Mac.

Lemme tell you these facts.

1: The Mac OS is a better than the Windows OS
any techy will tell you that the mac os has lesser glitches and bugs as compared to a windows os.

2: Windows is cheap and available anywhere:
literally, you can assemble a windows machine ureself with outsourced parts.
You cant do that with a mac as they come bundled straight from the company. I don’t know of any assembled macs.

3: Theres are a lot more virus for Windows
because of point number 2, the bastard hackers and virus makers can fuck with the source code quite easily. Hence the number of crashes and world wide computer viruses.

4: Things in the MAC OS are easy to find.
Its not rocket science. Its just a fucking computer. They simplified everything in the mac. No need to find big manuals and tech support. Everything you need to know and ever will is easy to find and sort out in a mac. Its just more user friendly.



A world without windows would have mac.

Simpler…

17 comments:

Blogger Eleventy Seven said...

I so agree with that. I have admired macs for donkeys years now though thats all I have done. They're too bloody expensive for met o afford and I think thats one of the main things that works against it.

I do beleive they're the 'things' to have in the digital processing world. Definately a thing to get.

11:57 AM  
Blogger alice said...

really and i thought Macs were not user friendly....or maybe i m too dumb to operate it

7:31 PM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

I bow down to the Mac!
And to Apple!

They rock.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, out with it. How much did they pay you for this? ;)

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH Yeah talk abt good refreshing knowledge for ma brains...:P thanks!

12:04 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

There's a guy in my office (technology editor) who's made it his life's mission to bash the shit out of windows.. and OMG, he used to work in Qatar Times! How long have you been there? think he was there about four years ago..

1:10 PM  
Blogger Once the Conman said...

Qatar Times??? There is no such thing as Qatar Times man...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

cowlick: theres a gulf times but no qatar times.

Dreamy: who are you?

Jupiter: its a public service announcement im providing, thats all. but i wouldnt mind apple giving me some mac gear.

casa: You rock! Just cause u think apple rocks!

alice: macs are quite simple to use mate. plus i dont know you that well to aggree or dissagree about ure dumbness!

saurabh: desktop macs have just gotten cheaper than pcs. check the website.

2:37 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

ohh.. same thing man.. whatever

4:42 PM  
Blogger the cowlick said...

PS: tum log toh peeche pad jaate ho.. sheesh!

4:45 PM  
Blogger KM said...

i hate using macs.
i hate it!
and i didnt think it was user friendly...its the most arrogant piece of machinery ever!
lol...sorry, im just cribbing because as a graphic designer im destined to work with the mac...unless i freelance!
then i use my own!
khair...dont hate me...cuz im still wondering if i gave the mac a fair enough chance...maybe im just used to windows!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

khizzy i cant belive that ure a GD and dont like using macs man? ure the first person i heard saying that. my fingers are just so much more used to my shortcuts on the mac as compared to a pc.

very very trivial, you are...

12:58 AM  
Blogger KM said...

actually i can explain!
macs cost alot, and ive studied from here in pakistan.
i dont think my college could afford that many macs (despite the astronomical fee we pay.lol)
so its natural that i should be more adept at windows...
its the agencies that can afford em, and thats our first exposure to macs(unless one owns it personally)

am i less trivial now?

2:10 AM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

khizzy: no not really.
i repect your afinity towards the pc but i can safetly say that ure the first person who prefers windows no matter how expensive a mac is. its not the fact that you dont like it its just that ure the only one i know who does...

but to him is own i guess...

8:04 AM  
Blogger KM said...

lol...i shall stand my ground!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Arroclint said...

moron: no doubt linux is good, although linux hasnt hit the commercial market yet. windows is actually not simple to use at all. macs are soo much more simpler once you get to work on it that it...

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Halleluiah! Someone finally decided to take sides, say it like it is! :)

Macs rule. Period.

Cheers,

Eliamma

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home